Community Strategy survey supports climate change priority
There were 204 responses to the consultation on the proposed revisions to the Community Strategy. A summary of the responses has been published on WCC website.
The Council's analysis shows:
- 164 object to deletion of the priority relating to Climate Change
- 20 say that revised strategy lacks clarity and focus and is too vague and ask to reinstate the existing three priorities of older people, climate change and access to services, rather than 13 vague statements
- 13 oppose deleting reference to priority neighbourhoods of Stanmore and Winnall
- 11 make specific suggestions about traffic reduction measures
- 10 say on-line survey questions are too vague and meaningless and should not be used to formulate policy.
- No other category of comments reaches double figures.
See WinACC's response.